Saturday 28 September 2013

Atlantis


So the BBC have just brought out a new show called 'Atlantis', in what everyone would say is a replacement, maybe even a copy, of Merlin (the show that ripped my heart out and tore it into a million different pieces) , as it is in Merlin's former time slot.
I watched the first episode, and in my opinion it was average. You could see elements of Merlin in it, but you have to accept that it has the same people behind it, Julian Murphy and Johnny Capps with Howard Overman from Misfits'. It had a good plot for a first episode, introducing the character, then putting him into his quest, getting him out and then all is happy again.
But I noticed that some of the computer generated graphics at the beginning did look very fake, but that could have been just my eyes picking it up.
Everyone has a different view on it, some people are saying that they love it and want more, others say it's bad, and others say it was alright, but had the potential to be a good show if it wasn't by the Merlin writers and had more than 5 minutes of women in.
I'm defiantly going to watch the next episodes, as I would like to see how the first series is structured and how well it turns out.
I recommend watching it, and at least giving it a chance, it is on on Saturday nights on BBC One  and BBC One HD, with a changing time each week because that is what the BBC do.

The BBC did at least one thing right this episode, they introduced the gay:
People are already asking for Pythagoras and Jason's ship name, and if there are any fanfics yet? But to be honest, I don't blame them, I shipped them from right there and then. if you find any good pythagoras/jason fanfics pls link me xo

A beautiful Saturday night if you ask me, I read a bit of Johnlock and watched the new show. 

-F  

No comments:

Post a Comment